Fox News is reporting that the Pentagon has stolen the plans for printing 3D guns from its designer, Cody Wilson of Defense Distributed, and
removed censored them from the internet stating ‘Until further notice, the United States government claims control of the information’.
But don’t worry, you can still download The Liberator and I am going to show you how! It is available as a downloadable torrent from Pirate Bay. Please note that pornographic banner ads are constantly being promoted on Pirate Bay so don’t access the following links in the presence of children or at work, you have been warned:
If you don’t know how to download from Pirate Bay please see the following how to article http://www.geniouspc.com/2012/10/downloading-piratebay-and-other-torrents.html
I am seriously pissed off at this move by the Pentagon but The Liberator goes against their plans of gun confiscation so they have to deal with it. So the Pentagon feels that it has the right to steal assets developed by private citizens (The Liberator complies with federal laws BTW) and then
scrubs censors the plans from the internet?
Update: I am writing this update cause this post has gone viral and in response to all the criticism I am receiving about this post. I forgot that the bulk of the general public is dumb as dirt so let me spell out to you what this means.
1) For as long as guns have existed you have been able to legally purchase a ‘kit gun’ which allows you to gain access to an unregistered gun with no serial number on it without a background check. You can fire a ‘kit gun’ a few times before it is junk. There has been no massive usage of kit guns by the general public nor have gangs regularly used kit guns in crimes. So why do you have this concern about 3D printed guns? A ‘kit gun’ can be purchased for about $25. 3D printers cost thousands. So all your arguments that 3D guns will result in widespread crime by felons is completely false.
2) The Liberator abides to all federal laws, meaning it has metal pieces.
3) The Liberator cannot by pass metal detectors, security pat downs, etc … because it contains metal pieces and IT FIRES REAL BULLETS which will be detected.
4) Anyone know of a child that has access to a 3D printer that costs thousands of dollars? Yeah me neither.
5) YouTube has thousands of videos of Terrorist leaders preaching about terrorism and videos about how to make bombs from household materials. And you still think a 3D gun is worse than a bomb?
6) Criminals will always have access to guns, bombs, knives, swords etc … In this context The Liberator does not make you less safe.
7) It is legal to create your own firearms and no background check is needed legally, but it is illegal to sell them. Thus The Liberator is legal.
What outrages me is NOT that they are trying to stop The Liberator from being developed but that our government can steal someones work, their product, and then
scrub censor it from the internet without a ruling from a judge first. That is a very scary scenario that apparently most people that are reading this article could careless about.